I did my first mountain hike with the Quadcopter V1, it was in the Maritime Alps (in southeastern France). I flew over lakes, did some panorama, the landscape was really nice!
The image is not perfectly stable because of the wind. Sometimes, we can notice a slight Jello effect, it could have been avoided using an ND (Neutral Density) filter to slow down the GoPro shutter speed (which was high because of the bright daylight). I was still using the 2 axis gimbal, the image would have been more stable with the 3 axis gimbal.
- Frame: Self-designed, made out of plywood
- Arms: Square carbon booms (10x10x325 mm)
- Flight Controller: APM 2.5 (RCTimer)
- GPS: u-Blox CN06 Plus (RCTimer)
- Motors: T-Motor MT2216-12 V2 800KV
- ESC: Favourite Littlebee 30A (BLHeli)
- Props: Graupner E-Prop 9×5
- Battery: Zippy 4S 5000mAh 20C
- RC/TX: Graupner MX-16 HoTT / GR-16
- Video TX: ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz
- FPV Goggles: Fatshark Attitude V2
- Camera: GoPro 3 Black
- Gimbal: Walkera G-2D
- All up weight: 1.7 Kg
- Flight time: ~ 15 minutes
The Quadcopter V1 equipped with the 2 axis gimbal. After a difficult landing during the hike, the landing gear had been fixed with some tape!
The quadcopter flying.
The quadcopter folded up. It fits nicely on my hiking backpack.