I finally finished the first version of my quadcopter.
Here is a short demonstration video:
The frame was CAD designed and laser cut into plywood at SoFAB. Carbon booms come from RCExplorer store. In this video, I use different semi-automatic and automatic Arducopter flight modes:
- "Loiter" mode to fly given a straight pass (01:27), using compass and GPS.
- "Circle" mode to perform the panorama (00:39) at a specific rotation speed, but also to take the footage around (01:43) me given a specific radius.
The image is stabilized using a Walkera G-2D gimbal (2 axis). The yaw axis isn't stabilized by the gimbal so I had to post process some footage using the warp stabilizer in Adobe Premiere Pro. I'm going to replace this gimbal by a 3 axis ones soon.
- Flight Controller: APM 2.5
- GPS: u-Blox CN06 Plus (RCTimer)
- Motors: T-Motor MT2216-12 V2 800KV
- ESC: Favourite Littlebee 30A (BLHeli)
- Props: Graupner E-Prop 9x5
- Battery: Zippy 4S 5000mAh 20C
- RC/TX: Graupner MX-16 HoTT / GR-16
- Video TX: ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz
- FPV Goggles: Fatshark Attitude V2
- Camera: GoPro 3 Black
- Gimbal: Walkera G-2D
- Total weight : 1.7 Kg
- Flight time : ~ 15 minutes
I'm going to explain how I built it in detail in the "Projects" section.